12 March 2009

Speaking of the beach...

This is Rockport, my hometown where I grew up, and also where my dad grew up. I miss it so much and hate Dallas all the more because I have it to miss! (Sorry, everyone who didn't know, but I love to hate Dallas! I love Steve's condo where we live, and our balcony, and shopping all the time, but really, I hate this city. Even though I'm quite happy with my life in it.:) Anyway, this is a good picture of what it's like where I came from. My friend Liz took it the day after Steve's and my wedding, New Year's Eve 2006:



I never understood until I left why people love it so much and always go back there. As a kid, when I heard people say, "Oh I just love Rockport!! I would live there if only I could!" I would think, "Why? It's boring!" Now I miss it too. :) I am going there in just a few days!! More later....

3 comments:

Stacy Ann said...

I miss it too, but I just wish I were back in Tx. Even Dallas is better than NY!!!

Tim said...

Can't wait to hear about your little vacay!! How was it?
(the verification word is "kinchili") :)

Stacy Ann said...

Hey, remember when you had a blog? That was fun.
The word is "gerko"