26 July 2010

thoughts on today

I think these pretty lilies in the new background look a little scary (THEY'RE GOING TO ATTACK!!!), but I really liked the green circles.

I am really tired and my brain is having a lot of trouble getting prepared for my piano lesson tomorrow. We will leave Austin tomorrow in time to be in Dallas by 9AM, Steve for his meeting and me for my lesson, and to repaint the complained-about front door of our condo.

On our weekend trip (more later), Steve took us all to Castaways and I got a heavenly soft LUX shirt-dress nightie, pink paisley pants by Elevenses, a beautiful pair of pink and green wings (my Love says you can always use a good pair of wings), a navy shirt to replace my falling-apart one, and a milk bottle to put red wine in.

I am making this stew for dinner. I hope the Bulb Hunters don't hunt me for borrowing their picture:



After an unexpectedly late night full of much driving and singing last night, I am going to eat a ton of it and drink some red wine and go to bed this evening at about six o'clock.

6 comments:

Stacy Ann said...

They are a bit freaky. Hope you get rested up! That stew does look super yummy!

Bethanie said...

haha thanks! :)

Susan Hartland Olmstead said...

oh yay! you updated! and i got to read two posts on this stop. i especially like, " i thought i was monitering a child and than i realized it was just me." lol!!

Bethanie said...

thanks!! :) And i thought maybe I should clarify, just in case, that is was our HOA and not steve who complained about our door.

Aubrey said...

What's wrong with your front door?! I painted mine in Colorado fuchsia. Take THAT HOA!

Bethanie said...

Ugh, I know--they're so dumb and picky. Well, it was always the HOA's department to keep up the outside of the condos, and they had not painted our front door in about 8 years, so since we are trying to sell the condo now,we thought we shouldnt have a cracked and faded front door, so we matched the color the best we could and I went to DAllas and painted it! And then they gave us til the end of the month to change it because the brown was too reddish. So I picked out an UNMISTAKEABLE brown-crayon sort of brown, and painted it again. :/ I WISH I could have painted it fuchsia--that would have been so awesome. When we have a house, I am going to paint our door something fun like that.