27 May 2009

the quiet carries over

We are back, and it was wonderful. No talking on the phone, no endlessly e-mailing students, no teaching, and Steve and I actually got to talk!!!

My thoughts are foggy, but quiet. We had a very good time, but I have not yet immersed myself back into what was my normal routine, and I am not sure I will. I have not listened to the news at all yet, or Rush Limbaugh, or the few radio preachers I like. I have not really seen facebook or my e-mail very much either, or watched TV or talked on the phone. I feel that I quit all those things, those parts of home, to go on this trip, and now that the trip is over, and these things have not started up again, I am left in the quiet. I like it. I don't want to break the silence.

I would love to catch up with friends one by one, and I will definitely blog about our trip, but for now, I am just in the quiet. Well, and leaving town again. Since returning, we have already been to Houston for a crawfish boil, and now it's off to Rockport, Corpus and Austin in the morning. Our family and friends have a few big things going on that we want to be there for. :)

But I think my life will be overall quieter from here on. It makes me appreciate music again, and pay attention to what I see, like my beautiful herbs on the balcony.

2 comments:

Stacy Ann said...

That sounds wonderful! But you'd better not dump me, my friend! I won't let you. :) Just call me when you can and tell you what's interesting on FB. heehee. :) LOVE YOU!!!

(the word is "GO" no it's really "hannes" which makes me think of "hiney")

Bethanie said...

HAhahaha!! "See you at the beach!"

Of course I'm not dumping anyone!! :) I'm just going to think it's okay when I'm too tired to talk to anyone. Don't worry.