14 May 2009

leaving Dallas for a while

We are leaving for London and Paris tomorrow. Even though I am super excited, the exhaustion still continues, but is not as bad since I remembered that God is God. I talked to my mom and sister about it, and they both said that they have thought I was over-exhausted for some years now, but that I always said, "Oh, it's just because I'm in college!" Or "It's because I'm stressed." Or "It's because I just got married and we never have down time."

It turns out I might need more than down time, even though some of that would be nice! Mom and Kristin both told me separately that they think I need to go to a doctor about this tiredness. Being tired beyond your years is I guess not natural. Steve says I need to read books about boundaries and saying no and not stressing. I really thought I was a normal, not stressed person, but maybe not. I thought my job of teaching piano just took more energy than other peoples' jobs, and that's how I justify being tireder than everyone else. Sometimes though, I just think this town is sucking the life out of me.

Anyway, boring...but I just had to blog about it because, since other people think that I need to go to the doctor, it is a relief to think that maybe I am not a lazy hypochondriac after all. It turns out that if I want to stay at home for three months and not see anyone, maybe that's alright. I think I will do that after we get back.

But I am SO excited to leave for Europe tomorrow! I mean, I will be. This post seems like a strange mix of complaining and trying to get excited. My intellect knows that this is exciting, but the rest of me is just tired. I am sure I will feel differently when we actually are going. :)

2 comments:

Tiana said...

It is always best to see a doctor just to be safe. You might just need a change of diet to boost your energy. Do you exercise regularly? That's supposed to help - I wouldn't know.

I like that your house reminds you of a hollow tree. :^)

Aubrey said...

I'm exhausted all the time too. But then, I'm a piano teacher. And I have a thyroid condition. And there are too many things I want to do/learn/read/see.

You should check that out. Are you a piano teacher? CHECK. Do you have a thyroid condition? Do you have an unquenchable enthusiasm for life? 'Cause I think that'll do it.

Oh - and do you live in Dallas? CHECK.

I hope you're having a wonderful and rejuvenating trip!