08 September 2008

Support Corn~Kits!!

I love corn-kits. I had never heard of them until we decided to switch churches and found a new one. There is a factory in Denton on the way to church. Just after you round a corner covered in beautiful trees, it rises above you with no other sign but great big red light-up letters on top that say,

morrison's
CORN-KITS

I love it. At first I just thought it was a kind of random factory, and what's a corn-kit?? But seeing it every Sunday, I have started to love it, and I think about it a lot because it's funny, if you think about it. Here is a picture of it that Steve made into my desktop wallpaper without being asked. (Isn't he so sweet?)



The name "corn-kits" does not offer much of an explanation as to what the product might be, which is my favorite thing about it. Is it a kit to grow corn? A just-add-water type of thing that makes actual corn, like canned corn or something? How about one of those capsules you can put in water, and it turns into a sponge shaped like corn? Or maybe one of those cast iron muffin tin sort of dishes that you can bake corn muffins in and they come out shaped like little corns-on-the-cob! (I tried to buy one of those pans at Walmart today, but I guess they're only on walmart.com...I got a sparkly gold folder instead. I'm sure I'll find something to put in it...) But I don't suppose that the factory cares whether or not the name on top of it explains the product. It's not like someone will see it and think, "Lets go in and buy one of those." (Well, I did of course, but the building is obviously a factory, so you wouldn't think to shop there.)

Anyway, Corn-Kits are actually little packets of cornbread/corn muffin mix. Steve and I got some from Kroger and made them for dinner tonight. And I'm not really sure why I say "support corn-kits" except that I really, really like the phonetic sound of the word support when it's next to the corn-kits combination. So, support Corn-Kits! Incidentally, when you go around the corner coming up to the corn-kits factory, it would be fun to say, "one, Two, thrEE, CORN-KITS!!!!" Not that I ever do that. :)

No comments: