31 August 2008

mundane thoughts

Steve and I have been so busy, I feel that I have not had any thoughts lately except about surviving. Well, not really surviving, as some people in the world have to think about it, but, you know, too tired to think anything except mundane thoughts about cleaning the house, or brushing my teeth, or getting the coffee maker ready for tomorrow. I am usually convinced that nobody wants to know about those thoughts, and since I have been too tired to have any others, I haven't posted anything.

Steve and I have been this busy and this tired for the majority of the time we have known each other, but parts of this spring were very nice and non-busy, and we are hoping to be not busy more often. I never thought I would need to have such a goal: to be at home more and say 'no' more, and be involved less, but we are pretty desperate for all of those things right now. I know from the outside our life does not look that busy, but we have been dying from it! We are always taking steps to make it less busy though, and I cannot wait until we have a routine and feel that we have plenty of time together and time to rest. Does that ever happen? Am I asking for too much? We have been working for that ever since we got married, and it feels like we are about to get there. I hope so.

I have to say that Steve is so good to me, and I didn't ask him to, but he quit being president of our HOA board the other day, which was keeping him very occupied and always working! He said he was happy to quit too, and to celebrate, he gave me a 5-cd set of classic Disney songs! I am loving it! He is so sweet. :)

Glad it's Labor Day weekend too! Yesterday was our 20-month wedding anniversary! Steve had to go to work Saturday, but today we had a good day and went to church and were lazy at home, and smoked a brisket!! We will finish cooking it tomorrow. We seasoned it with a rub from the Salt Lick in Driftwood TX! :)

Sorry for the complain-y, mundane thoughts. Some of you asked for it. :) We do have things to be happy about. I am not unhappy, I've just had enough of being busy!!!!!

No comments: