08 January 2011

Twilight


I like the idea of the story, I really do. Dramatic, melancholy romanticism has a special place in my heart. I have not paid attention to a lot of the hype, but I did have intentions of some day reading the books. Until several weeks ago, when I found this: Reasoning with Vampires, a blog whose writer describes it as "serious criticism of grammar and literary technique, satirical mockery, and plain mean-spirited bitchery."

Like this blogger, I was not prepared for the inconsistency of the writing and characters in general, not to mention all the grammatical mistakes! Reasoning with Vampires takes those things and highlights them, making it obvious to anyone who paid even scant attention in 4th grade English class how scary it is that these books were published, let alone becoming raved-about best-sellers. Each post speaks, quite hilariously, for itself.






This blogger is unbiased enough to be genuinely delighted when Meyer (in a rare and special happenstance) gets one right.


And here is one of my favorites:


It's not for everyone, but I have gotten many hours of histerical laughter from reading this blog, as well as a gratefully-received warning not to waste time even starting to read these horribly-written (I like hyphens) books.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

*grin*

Susan said...

this makes me laugh!!! I always enjoy visiting your blog. i think it's refreshing.

btw, today i visited your blog to aske you if you've created a CD yet?
if so, I'd like to own it.