19 December 2010

among other things, an alternate view of Dallas

For whatever reason, it seems that Dallas is way more relaxing when you don't live there. AND when the company puts you up in a lovely hotel where you sleep really well, send your husband off to work in the morning and relax, crochet, drink coffee and paint your nails while you wait for your friend to come and pick you up. That was last Thursday.

This past weekend we stayed in a Dallas hotel again, this time for a dear friend's wedding. It was so much fun. We wore red dresses and got our nails done all together, and I was really, really happy for the couple. My dear Love was amazing, patient, and so sweet in helping me just be there for the bride. He ran errands, brought me breakfast, dropped me off, picked me up, transferred my getting-ready stuff from one hotel to another, and at one point, filled our sink with ice and had champagne waiting for me! He's a love.

Also, we got to have our dog with us this trip. It's so fun to have her in a hotel room, her funny excitement, her wagging tail and her careful jumping up onto the bed.

When the festivities were over and we had checked out of the hotel, we drove through our old neighborhood, past our condo (just to see the "contract pending" sticker over the "for sale" sign) and took our dog for a walk around the little pond where we always used to go. It was a perfect way to end the trip. I hadn't realized until then that there are things about our Dallas life that I really miss, even though Austin already feels like home. Speaking of home, we are finally back in our little apartment, eating tuna, watching football and planning Christmas.

No comments: