27 December 2010

thoughts after Christmas

As I wait for my Love to wake up, (on a day off when we're FINALLY at home) I am pondering.

Our Christmas was beautiful this year. It seems to just get better every single year! How grateful I am that we were able to spend it with family, traditions and love! I loved every minute of it!

I had an awesome time in worship at church on Christmas Eve.

My Love got a guitar for Christmas, and practices SO much! It makes me really happy to hear him.

I've had a new-to-me theological thought: leavened communion bread brilliantly reflects the theology of the churches that use it.

How I love '60s kitchenware.

Somehow I've suddenly become aware and very thankful that I was brought up in a home where the free discussion of different and opposing ideas, philosophies and religious and political theories was not considered a faux pas.

Also pondering next year and what it will bring, since all the changes in this past year were completely unexpected.

Pondering all that has changed since last Christmas, and it seems that everything has gotten better for many in our families, including us.

I am grateful not only for the blessings, but also that I am allowed to notice them.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

=D Glad to hear that you had such a fantastic Christmas!