11 October 2010

crying over spilled chicken

My darling blue hen-on-nest covered butter dish broke today. Well, the lid did, anyway. Dropped clumsily from seven or eight inches above, it shattered into a million pieces on the counter. I think anyone who has granite countertops on purpose is out of their mind. I'm a person who passionately loves each dish that I own, and the granite countertop has been cruel indeed, in the few months I've occupied this apartment.

But, I ordered a new butter dish online, and I'm very excited because it's jadeite!


Nothing special about jadeite, really, except that I've been obsessed with mint green for the past year or so.

In other news, we had a wonderful (and these days, rare) weekend at home together! A date at the riverwalk, dinner with family, a football game (not on TV) and Thai noodles. More later.

(For the record, I decided to cancel my order for the dear, green chicken. I liked it but I think I should just wait until I come across one randomly again and not spend $$ just to fix everything that breaks in my life.)

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I'm with you on canceling the order for the new butter dish. It would have no story and you just wouldn't love it as much as your old one. In other news: a fabulous vintage store opened up just three blocks from my apartment. Come back, and I'll take you around for REAL this time!