29 January 2009

things I need...


I began this post one frosty (icy, actually) night when Steve was out for one of his rare poker nights, and I needed to get my mind off worrying about him and the ice.

Steve is out having a well-deserved good time playing poker, so I am here at home, and to keep from worrying about him (because it's sleeting outside!!) I was just pondering some things that I need. I mean, having already shopped til my wallet was empty at all the awesome January sales (hey, I should post about that so I'll remember all the things I bought!) I now have a list of things that, when I think about them, I immediately say to myself, "How can I get some money? Where? Quick! I just need a little more money.." but since I cannot keep doing that to our budget, I'll just have to dream on until February. It's finally getting close... (I know. I'm sad.)

So here's my list:

There's this eyeshadow at Sephora. It seems sparkly but really dark, too. I would buy all the colors if I could, but I'm really into gray right now. And into having money left over for a few other things.

Then, there's this:


A designer who apparently couldn't find what she wanted to wear in stores, so she started making her own stuff, which is what I want to do. Just for me though, I don't really have any business goals. It makes me want to go to thrift stores! Anyway, I love her distressed scarf, and her not-so-basic tee. These are probably not things I will buy, (actually, definitely not!) just inspirations. Although that tee is awfully tempting, because it's not so astronomically expensive as the scarf.

Also, there's this UK-based shoe store called Irregular Choice. I LOVE their shoes! Look at these, on sale for 29 quid.



(haha! Yes! I said "quid!" Well, I had to, my keyboard doesn't have a sign for pounds.) Anyway, all their shoes have like, ponies or unicorns or something beautiful or fun on the bottom and on the inside. I think I would wear these every single day!



Or these:

They used to have some wonderful black and yellow striped heels with plastic chocolate truffles and cherries on the front. Not too much, just some small ones. It sounds outlandish, but I promise it was in good taste. Yum. I'd have a picture, but that was a few days back when I didn't know how to save pics to my computer, and now they're out of stock, so no pictures. Oh well. :)

The problem is, I have sometimes tried on the few of this brand that Nordstrom carries, and they would all fit perfectly if my foot were, say, 3 and-a-half inches wider. Which kind of makes me wonder who they're marketing to. Is there something I'm missing here? Oh well. It makes me happy just to look at their shoes.

Speaking of shoes, I really do think I might get these for when we go to London and Paris. They are cute but practical, and leather, and on sale, and they are bouncy! They make me feel like I'm walking on air! I will get the green ones, I think. charm bracelet

Lastly, and this is possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever wanted to spend money on, (I guess some may disagree, after seeing some of those shoes) but I just really want a Juicy Couture charm bracelet.



Maybe it's just the water here in Dallas, but I have wanted one ever since my sister-in-law and I dared to go into that shop one time, that pink-and-gold, syrup-y sweet, over-priced panties- and sweatsuit-selling haven for spoiled Dallas (or any city, I guess, but JC is one of the things in Dallas that screams "Dallas" to me.) middle school girls. And I loved it.





Their charm bracelets are the funnest things, and they really aren't that expensive! I'd get a gold one, and you can pick all your own charms. (that's what's in the picture at the very beginning of this post.) They have a cupcake charm, a piano, probably something about ballet, and I know there's a lollipop charm, and just all kinds of candy charms, which are the best. And there's an Eiffel Tower and a bicycle too, and high heels. It's like having everything you ever wanted, candy and otherwise, all on one shiny gold, twinkly-and-pink, wonderful bracelet around your wrist.

No comments: