16 August 2008

the treehouse tree

It seems like I am having a lot of time to post things this week. Well, it is my last week off before starting up teaching again. (even though I never really stopped...grrr!!! Better luck next year.)

It's Saturday and my brother, Stephen H. (not to be confused with Steve H, my husband) is in town, but strangely, I am all alone at home this afternoon. Steve had to go in to work for a few hours and Stephen is also working today. He is out buying books for his online book business. In fact, he just called a minute ago to ask if I wanted another copy of How the Irish Saved Civilization. Yes! So Aubrey, you can keep the one I left at your house. :)

I made the ice cream pie for my birthday party tomorrow, but in a minute I need to go make the hot fudge. Stephen gave me one of the best birthday presents ever! It is a ballpoint pen drawing of the gnarled old oak where our treehouse used to be when we were little.



This morning we went and picked out a matting and frame for it. I love it so much! Stephen is a very talented artist. I will post a picture of it, whenever I learn how to do that sort of thing.

3 comments:

Stacy Ann said...

How cool!! Sounds like an awesome gift, I can't wait to see it! I'm sorry I didn't call you, we were in PA at Todd's parent's house and cell phones no workee. But I will call you today and we will get some work done. :) Love you!!
Oh and I will tell you how to do links and pics and stuff. Its super easy.

Susan Hartland Olmstead said...

I can't wait to hear more interesting stories here. I know that you've got archives of curious tidbits just waiting to vent onto this blog!

Unknown said...

Yay! I will probably read the book in February. It seems like a good time for that kind of book. I'm thinking of going back to Ireland in March.

Oh - and I finally sent you your stuff - all jammed into a couple of boxes - getting to a post office in the city is HARD!