14 August 2008

This blog needs a new name...

It's cloudy today and I love cloudy days the best. I am listening to choral music by Josquin Desprez, which also feels perfect with clouds. I listen to that kind of music all day sometimes (I must add that there are few kinds of music I can listen to for all of an hour, not to mention a day!!) and it makes me feel like I'm just hanging out in a cathedral. As if "hanging out" and cathedrals really go together, but if you're just in your house doing chores (and your blog :) and suddenly you realize you're thinking and thinking about cathedrals, then that's just how it feels right then. And tea. Tea goes with cloudy days...

Stephen is coming to Dallas tomorrow to buy books and I'm really looking forward to his being here! He is also coming to my birthday party. I am excited about that too, because we're having pizza and champagne and ice cream pie. I'll post the ice cream pie recipe soon, because it is staggeringly delicious and not too hard to make and all of you should taste it, if you haven't.

Some of these things are such little details, and it feels so good to think about them and write about them, because most of my life this summer has been focused on big picture sorts of things, and suddenly I am home and they are all over. Most of them were fun, but some of them were sad, and I really am glad to have a rest now.

2 comments:

Stacy Ann said...

I am jealous. Stephen, birthdays, pizza, but especially of the champagne!
HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!!

Bethanie said...

Aww, thanks!! :) Don't forget to be jealous of the ice cream pie, then!! hehe.