29 September 2010

our favorite things


That last complainy post was just me keeping it real, I guess. I mean, I know I have such a fabulous life that I should never have stress or reason to complain. Living in such a wonderful place in a wonderful city, having my own piano and the time to use it, not having to go to work right now, having a patient husband who loves me and lets me take care of him, having family and childhood friends living nearby.

And suddenly perfect weather, which I celebrated last night with my first yoga bikeride, and also riding my bike all the way to my freind Ellen's house without being afraid about sharing the road with cars!

Anyway, since we are finally pretty settled here, I thought I'd do a post about our favorite things here in Austin. And the best part is, we can walk to most of them and bike to all of them!


The food trailers. They're all over town and there are cupcake trailers, snowcone trailers, sushi, barbeque, and mostly taco trailers.Tacos are my favorite but Hey Cupcake makes me happy too.


Then there's Stubbs, right next to our apartment:


where you can get barbeque...



or go to a concert in their backyard.


6th street isn't far away either. It gets pretty crazy at night. Here's what it looks like on a typical Friday or Saturday:


Woodrows is our favorite spot in 6th street. It's on the calmer end, where fewer college kids go. We walk there every Thursday night, and there's always a wonderful taco trailer parked right next to it.


Here is where we go late at night for great people-watching. Notice the glowy orange candles.


Here's Barton Springs. It's fresh, cold water, even in triple digit summers!


This is also one of our favorite walking places.


We love that Austin has so many lakes around it, with hike and bike trails.



And we also love that we live in the hill country now, and when you leave town, you see the blue hills far, far away on every side.





We just love living here.

Thanks to everyone who unwittingly contributed pictures though google images. This technologically incompetent person really appreciates it.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

LOL on your final remarks re: the pictures.

I'm so glad you love where you live. Certainly sounds like a fun place. Even if it IS in Texas. ;)

Aubrey said...

Congratulations. Really. I know what it means to love your life!